Knowledge, passion for dairy and new insights of the people involved in IFCN bring the network further. The colleagues at the IFCN Dairy Research Center located in Kiel, Germany are a special binding block of the network as well as the think-tank for new ideas, products and innovations.
Working at IFCN will provide plenty of learning about the dairy sector and economics, growth opportunities in analytical and soft skills, an incredible international exposure and a friendly supportive team spirit.
For our international team, we are looking for an:
AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIST (full-time)
Date of publication: 25/11/2020
The IFCN – Dairy Research Network – is an internationally operating research company, cooperating with researchers from around 100 countries and serving another network of over 100 companies in the global dairy chain.
What will be your tasks?
- Data collection, validation, the development of databases and analytical models
- Dairy analysis and output creation of dairy knowledge products
- Communication with clients
- Support international consulting projects
- Presentation of results
- Creation of statistical reports
- Project Management
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor or Master degree in economics or agricultural sciences
- Knowledge in general economics, agricultural economics and statistical analysis, knowledge of the dairy sector will be seen as an asset
- 2-3 years of work experience in a related field
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel including advanced functions, experience with work on large data sets, best practice for data connections from other data sources (Web Services, SQL, PowerBI)
- Experience in data analysis and accuracy of managing data
- High level of logical / analytical thinking and self-organization in your work
- Team player and intercultural competence
- Good command/good working knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of different farming systems worldwide
- Practical experience in dairy farming would be an additional asset
What can IFCN offer?
- A great working atmosphere in a multicultural team
- A high degree of personal responsibility
- Flexible working time, possibility to do home office
- Internal trainings
- Personal development possibilities
- Participation in IFCN events and international conferences
- Social events
Please send your application letter, your CV in English, references, your potential starting date and your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com
The IFCN Dairy Research Center is offering the possibility for an internship or a Master/PhD level thesis in affiliation. Feel free to share your CV and motivation with firstname.lastname@example.org as new opportunities often appear at IFCN or its projects.